First Time at Unleashed?
- We ask that your pet’s food be packaged in a way that can easily fit in your pet’s individual cubby. Cubbies are 1’ x 1’ x 1’ in size.
- You can package each meal in individual baggies or Tupperware containers, or you can package all of the food needed for your pet’s visit in gallon sized Ziploc bags or a bin that will fit withing the 1’ X 1’ X 1’ Space. We have measuring cups to measure out the amount needed for each meal.
- Label all bags or containers clearly with your pet’s name.
- Clear instructions about the administration of all medications and/or supplements MUST be provided by pet parents. Instructions can either be typed directly into the medication section in your customer portal or typed and printed out on a sheet of paper and brought with pets materials for boarding.
- All medications MUST be separate from food and MUST be labeled, either in their original bottle/box or on a typed-out label that is adhered to their container.
- Please refrain from putting any medications or supplements into individually packaged bags. It’s easiest if you bring your pet’s medications in their original pill bottles for us to dispense as instructed.
We require proof of vaccinations for all pets. For a quicker check-in, we recommend providing these to us ahead of time. Copies of vaccine records can be emailed or faxed to our office by either you or your veterinarian. Records can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (608) 839-3411. Vaccine records can also be uploaded directly into your online customer portal. Here are our vaccine requirements:
- DHLPP (Distemper)
- Proof of flea/tick preventative i.e. Frontline
- FVRCP (Distemper)
Our boarding rates are charged by the day, starting with the day your pet arrives. There is not a charge for morning departures (Monday through Saturday, closed Sunday morning) An additional daily charge is applied to afternoon departures. Because we experience busier volume on weekends, if your pet arrives on Saturday morning and stays to Sunday afternoon there is a minimum two-day charge, and if your pet arrives Friday either in the morning or afternoon and stays until Sunday there is a minimum three-day charge.
Our boarding rates adjust between peak and non-peak boarding times. Our peak times are a follows:
Spring Break – The last week in March & 1st Week of April
Summer – Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend
Thanksgiving Week – Monday – Sunday
Christmas/New Year – The two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year’s Holidays
Please see the Boarding Page on this website for boarding rates as well as options for boarding add-ons
We realize plans change, and we try our best to accommodate all of our customer’s needs. Cancellation and no-show fees are in place because when we reserve a space for your pet, we often have to turn away others who are also interested in that space. If we have enough of a notification for a cancellation then we have time to fill the space.
Weekend Cancellation Policy:
A current credit card is required to hold your reservation. All reservations that include a Friday and/or Saturday overnight must be canceled by 12 noon the Wednesday prior to avoid a cancellation fee of 2 days, at the rate of the room reserved.
Peak Time Cancellation Policy:
A current credit card is required to hold your reservation. All peak-time reservations must be canceled 7 days prior to the to avoid a cancellation fee of 3 days, at the rate of the room reserved.
Please note: Early pick-ups, during any time period, may result in your full scheduled boarding stay being charged.
What to expect when you arrive for your pet's stay:
We look forward to welcoming you and your pet when you come in for your stay. Here is a basic guideline of what to expect at drop off:
- At check-in, we will fill out a standard check-in sheet with you which will include feeding and medication instructions, verification of your phone number(s) and any updated emergency contact person with updated phone number so that we can reach that person in the event of an emergency during your pet’s stay.
- At check-in you will also have a chance to add on any additional services such as grooming or additional activities for your pet. (A list of grooming services and pet activities can be found elsewhere on this website).When you arrive we will escort your pet to a play yard temporarily and then to their boarding suite. Tours are available before your first appointment if you would like to see you pet’s accommodations. If you arrive and haven’t had a chance to see our accommodations yet we will do our best to have you see your pet’s suite if you wish. This is much easier to do during non-busy times.
Pet Belongings and Bedding:
We always provide comfortable bedding, food & water bowls, but you are also welcome to bring your pet’s own belongings with. For your pet’s comfort, we provide a blanket/comforter at all times during their stay. Please make sure any personal belongings brought with your pet can be washed in hot water and fit in a regular sized washing machine as we frequently wash bedding and toys so that they are returned home clean. Bones, Kongs, and other “enrichment” toys that can be refilled are welcome, and can be refilled by our staff for a fee on a daily basis. For your pet’s safety we do not allow rawhide bones during their stay. Keep in mind we cannot guarantee that any items you bring with your pet will not be damaged or possibly destroyed. To help us keep track of your pet’s belongings, please do the following:
- Mark all belongings with your pet’s name.
- Check that you have all belongings when you pick up your pet. .Bring items that won’t be missed if they get chewed or misplaced.
Common Issues When Your Dog Returns Home:
It is very common for dogs to experience a high amount of stimulation and perhaps stress when they stay in a kennel environment. This is because they are constantly exposed to the stimulation of the smells, sights and sounds of other dogs and humans that they don’t know, and over the course of multiple days this can have an effect that is noticeable when your dog returns home after their stay. Boarding facilities everywhere regularly receive feedback that dogs who have stayed with them experience the following issues upon returning home:
- Fatigue – after experiencing a high amount of stimulation during their stay, your dog might experience a moderate to high amount of fatigue for anywhere from 2-5 days after arriving home.
- Thirst – Water is made available at all times for all of our guests, but they may not drink as much as they usually would because they are in a different environment. Some dogs drink a lot of water when they return home.
- GI Distress – the stress and stimulation of the kennel environment may cause diarrhea or other GI distress for your dog for a few days after returning home.
If any of these issues persist for more than 3-5 days it is advisable for you to reach out to your veterinarian to determine if your dog might need further attention.
Providing exercise and socialization on a regular basis is a great way to give your dog a long and healthy life.
Do you want your dog tired and content after a long day at work? A balanced dog helps create a relaxed and positive environment within your home.
Here at Unleashed we know that every dog has different needs! Whether you simply use us once in a while or every single day – doggie daycare can bring balance and bliss into your life! We guarantee you’ll see a difference!
With our four play areas we are able to separate dogs into play groups so that everyone can enjoy themselves with dogs of similar temperament. When the weather turns sour outside, our large covered play area allows dogs and their caretakers a pleasant place to play the day away!
Unleashed also offers several enrichment activities for dog parents to choose from which help your dog to experience different activities throughout the day. There are some dogs who might enjoy a little more variety in their day and these activities can help them get the most out of their time at Unleashed!
Pet parents can sign up for daycare online by clicking on the login/sign up button in the upper right- hand corner of this page. The only requirement we have for daycare at Unleashed are the vaccination requirements, which are listed below. All daycare dogs must meet, and continue to meet, certain temperament requirements for the safety of all of our dogs and staff. In order to evaluate how your dog may fit with our pack at Unleashed we must complete an on-site evaluation with your dog.
Group Play Evaluations are done Monday through Friday. Evaluations and assessments are scheduled at 9:00am and generally take a couple of hours. After the evaluation is completed, we will contact you so you can pick up your pup! If your dog passes our evaluation, then they are welcome to stay the rest of the day for the price of a half day of daycare
Our staff at Unleashed are experts when it comes to introductions! Dogs who are new to daycare will go with a small group of compatible dogs. Newer dogs are carefully observed and guided during the first several days of attendance.
ARRIVAL Your dog must arrive for the day no later than 10am.
HALF DAYS Four hours of play or less. We do not offer discounted package rates for Half Days.
FULL DAYS Playtime over four hours is considered a Full Day. Packages are available for dogs who attend on a regular basis.
PACKAGES expire SIX MONTHS from date of purchase. Package credits can be used interchangeably among dogs within the same family. It can be transferred to another person however package credits are non-refundable.
Package credits can not be used for extra playtime during Overnight Boarding.
LUNCH Some dogs like to have lunch! If you have a growing puppy, pack your dog a treat or lunch and we will serve it to them during break time!
BREAKS Some dogs need breaks throughout the day. Over stimulated dogs will be provided a break so they can rest and re-focus. Consider purchasing a Frozen Kong from Unleashed if your dog needs occasional breaks.
BEHAVIOR, ILLNESS & INJURIES
The best way for us to make you and your dog’s experience positive is with honest and open communication. We feel it’s important to promptly discuss and resolve any health or behavioral concerns that arise. We have an incident and record keeping system that allows us to monitor and track behavior, issues or concerns – whether it is something we are seeing while your dog is here, or if it’s something you notice once you get home. Please do not wait to contact us if you feel an issue might need to be discussed. The sooner we can raise awareness, the better we will be able to understand, explain or start to monitor whatever it is that is being escalated.
TREATS All dogs are given treats once in a while, so please indicate to us if your dog has any special dietary requirements or allergies. We make every attempt to ensure your dog does not consume treats that they may have sensitivity to.
We require proof of vaccinations for all pets. We recommend providing these to us ahead of time. Copies of vaccine records can be emailed or faxed to our office by either you or your veterinarian. Records can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (608) 839-3411. Vaccine records can also be uploaded directly into your online customer portal. Here are our vaccine requirements:
- DHLPP (Distemper)
- Proof of flea/tick preventative i.e. Frontline
- Monday – Friday: 6:30am to 6:00pm
Daycare at Unleashed is CLOSED for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
We offer Day Board services for pet parents who do not wish to have their dog in the pack! You may choose to day board for a number of reasons. After surgery when your dog needs some extra monitoring, perhaps your dog can’t participate in the pack because of a behavior issue or not being altered, or maybe you just need to have your dog stay outside of your home for a day… Unleashed can accommodate your needs with Day Boarding.
- All dogs must be spayed/neutered after 8 months of age.We understand that many veterinarians are recommending that certain breeds of dogs not be spayed/neutered until after 1 year of age, so we will take the time to evaluate your dog’s behavior and make a plan for attendance & activities at doggy daycare between the ages of 8 months to the time of the spay/neuter.
Guests must be picked up by 6:00 pm. A late fee of $10 will be accessed if your dog stays past 6:00 pm. If you do not pick up your dog by 6:30 we will board your dog overnight and an overnight boarding fee will apply. Please let us know in advance if you’re running late and need to reserve a space for your pet to stay overnight. Overnight charges will apply for all overnight guests.
Unleashed offers professional Spa Grooming services. Your dog is in great hands with Amy, who has been with Unleashed for more than 15 years… your dog will be handled with professional and compassionate care during their day with us.
Our grooming services include: a massaging bath, coat conditioning, haircut tailored to your specifications, full brush out, nail trim, and ear cleaning and Anal Gland Expression. Grooming services at Unleashed are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday by appointment. Boarding dogs who are staying at Unleashed have access to grooming services on Sundays. Prices vary by breed and coat length. Contact Unleashed and we will be happy to give you a quote for your dog’s groom!
- Drop off for grooming is from 7am – 10am unless otherwise arranged. Pick up times vary from 1pm to 5:30pm, and can be arranged at the time of making your appointment.
- Please Bring photos of how you would like your dog to look! Just like when you get a haircut, photos can be a great way to make sure everyone is on the same page with length and style. A written description is also helpful whether or not you are able to provide a photo.
- If you want your dog to spend the whole day with us at Unleashed you can take a look around our website for other services they can enjoy during their grooming!!New puppy? It is important to start their exposure to grooming at a young age. We recommend puppies visit Amy for the first time around 4 months of age. They may not need a hair cut yet, but it is a great time for them to be exposed to the bathing system, hear the noises of the clippers, practice having their paws handled and SO much more. This will help make grooming a positive experience that they can be confident with as they grow!